Bishopsteignton’s War Memorial is “listed” and stands at the top of a raised platform adjacent to the pavement on Fore Street, Bishopsteignton. It was first erected to commemorate those who died during the First World War. Later a stone plaque and flower vase were added at the base of the memorial to commemorate the Fallen of the Second World War.
Originally unveiled and dedicated 27th November 1920 in a ceremony attended by Admiral Stoddart, C.B. and Revs. E. M. Kelly, C. Y. Comyns and F. Strong-Evans it was later further unveiled and dedicated 29th February 1948 in a ceremony attended by Mr. T. Turpin, Parish Council chairman and The Vicar, Rev. E. G. Easton assisted by Mr. F. E. Dale, Methodist.