West Town Meadow was part of Town Farm, during the 20th Century this pasture was taken into use by the council to provide the first council houses in the village of Bishopsteignton.
A transcription of the talk "SOME PARISH HISTORY OF BISHOPSTEIGNTON" given by Nigel Walker on the 23rd April 1974. There are some discrepancies in the transcript to the original as OCR has been used to convert the text.
A record of the occupants of the Blacksmith's Forge in Fore St., Bishopsteignton, from 1841 onwards.
The history of The Old Commercial Inn, Clanage Street, a public house: the building, it's owners, occupiers and sportsmen and women.
A summary of the occupiers of The Ring of Bells, Fore Street, Bishopsteignton, taken from the official parish records.
A short history of the Parish of Bishopsteignton including a summary of surnames that appear in official records for Bishopsteignton from the time of Henry VIII. From a copy held by the Bishopsteignton Museum, first compiled in 1978. Transcribed and updated 2014.
A summary of the occupiers of Wear Farm, Newton Road, Bishopsteignton, taken from the official parish records.
Bill and Hetty Ryder ran a village store at the bottom of Radway Hill in Bishopsteignton. The store comprised of a butchery on the right hand side of the premises and a general grocery store on the left.
A summary of the occupiers of Murley Grange/The Lodge, Forder Lane, Bishopsteignton, taken from the official parish records
A summary of the occupiers of Wood, Bishopsteignton, taken from the official parish records.